Coffee stains on granite tiles?



Granite tiles are very elegant to look at especially when it reflects the background just like a mirror.  It is easy to maintain but when it got stained, it could be very disappointing.  Even a very small mark could ruin the elegance of the flooring.  It is very important to keep it dry and wipe any liquid that would spill on the floor outright so as not to cause stains.  However, there are times that we tend to overlook and just forgot about it.

There was a time that coffee spilled on our flooring and I simply ignored to wipe.  It sit there for almost 2 days before I noticed.  I tried to wipe with water and powder detergent but to no avail.  Then used chlorox but still it won't get off.  Someone told me to use muriatic acid.  According to that person, that's what they used to clean the tiles at their working place.  I tried but still the stain never disappeared.  It's good though that it never ruined the surface of the tiles
because that is an acid.   

Getting frustrated day by day seeing the marks, I researched online on any possibility of getting rid  of the coffee stains on the tiles.  It's good I came across a post about using hydrogen peroxide and baby powder.  I was skeptical at first trying because I was thinking that what magic would a hydrogen peroxide and baby powder have to strip off  stains that even an acid could not do.   However, I heed the advice but at first used flour instead of the baby powder.  The result? nothing changed.  Then for the second time, I used the baby powder as specified and like a magic, the stain disappeared.  It's funny when people become so hard headed at times.  I won't deny I am among them. 

Comments