Seriously Overdue


"SERIOUSLY OVERDUE: This is XXX LAW OFFICE.


Your silence & none response to our previous demands indicates your malicious & unjustified refusal to pay a just and demandable obligation on your PLDT. Thus we urge you to settle your outstanding obligation within 24hrs from receipt of this message. Otherwise,our law firm will definitely proceed with the filing of appropriate legal action in court of Pasig City to protect the interest of our client PLDT. For settlement of this account, please call at (02)XXXXXXX and look for our Legal Officer Mr. Daniel, thank you"


I received this text message 2 days ago. This was my response:



"I got call from pldt just once. Nothing else. I was surprised to learn that i was demanded to pay pre-termination fee when I never requested for the termination of service. What i specifically requested on the 2nd day of January 2013 , between 10-12pm transaction at PLDT Session Rd. Baguio City was transfer of service from XXXXXXXXXX to XXXXX. Said request was never acted upon till this time. I also emailed pldt customer service on May 1, 2013 regarding this matter but i never got any response. If there is an aggrieved party, it is me. Imagine how much income I lost for 5 months when my 16 units computers were stocked because of absence of internet connection when you failed to transfer the service to my new location as requested. Moreover, if you addressed your letters to my old business address then it would definitely not reach me the fact that I informed your PLDT Session Rd. Baguio Office that I already vacated the place that's why I also requested for temporarily disconnection so the billings will also stop while waiting for the transfer."



I have paid all my bills up to the last centavo of my usage so they do not have any claims against me. In fact, "MY REQUEST FOR TRANSFER OF SERVICE IS SERIOUSLY OVERDUE".

Receiving this kind of demand without basis could be stressful and infuriating especially when you know you have no obligations left to them.  This is clearly a form of harassment that elevates blood pressure in no time.  I wish companies like this will have a bit of heart in dealing with customers.

Comments